Monday, September 3, 2012

More fan art! More cosplay! More awesomeness!

Left click to enlarge
This is by far the best Roy Harper fan art I've ever seen. Although it looks like it could be I don't believe this to be a still frame from Young Justice. All the stuff I have on this posting I found at Deviant Art. You can see the full body version of the Roy Harper piece here: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Roy+harper#/d3gnslg


Left click to enlarge
Meeow!

Left click to enlarge
The following sketches were done by 3 different artists but I just kinda grouped em all together. They're pretty sweet just as they are but I wish there were full color finished versions of them. I'm surprised I've never come across this sort of visual metaphoric interpretation of Bronze Tiger before I really dig it.

Left click to enlarge
This cosplay image seems to be mostly a Batman rogues gallery but as you can see there's some Suicide Squad and Secret Six characters mixed in the bunch. What attracted me to it in particular is that as far as I know this is the only case of some Plastique cosplay. She's sporting a pretty good looking costume it's a shame that the image quality of the photo wasn't a bit better. It looked even worse before I cleaned it up a bit in photoshop.

Next up in a day or two, fan art of ice villains from the Suicide Squad

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That is an exellent Harper! And I love the nail scratches on the Cheshire.
    The S.S. sketches are all pretty sweet, but I especially love the BT. You don't see many of those half and halfs done well, they usually come out looking lopsided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those really are some sweet sketches. How the hell do you find all this shit?

    And yeah, that Roy Harper image really does look like an animation cell.

    Nice cos-play too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just you wait and see what i got coming up in the next couple of postings. i hope you're having a good labor day i'm just kickn back reading some stuff (Checkmate, Outsiders and Captain Atom) i picked up in a $1 bin yesterday.

      Delete
    2. I know right, Shlomo is the master of finding cool things to post.

      I think Roy is your guy Dave. You might have to change your Icon. All the pics were good man.

      This is the first real Plastique outfit that I've seen, and I've been looking.

      Delete
    3. when it comes to Roy there are times where i think so OA1. it's funny how sometimes a cartoon will get you into a character that has been in print already for many years you didn't take that much notice in. he's such a compelling character unless your life has been a bowl of cherries i dunno how one can not relate to him in some way. as for Plastique yeah that was a rare find. what would be really nice would be to find some good fan art with her too. but there might be something on the way on that front but it's not of my doing so we'll have to wait and see.

      Delete
  3. The cosplays look great.

    I can't believe that Roy is a fan art. It looks so pro! WOW!!!
    Love the BT, Deadshot & CB2. Specially since i really digg the Urban Deadshot costume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. back so soon? i hope my next posting will as impressive to you :)

      Delete