Monday, October 26, 2015

Suicidal Tendencies with Shadowpact

Shadowpact 10
Left click to enlarge

So I was in LA this past weekend and found a really cool comic shop (Golden Apple Comics) where I picked up some Shadowpact back issues (1,2, 9 and 10) from their $1 discount back issue boxes. Between having some former Squad members (Nightshade and Enchantress of course) on the team and with my growing interest in Ragman I've been meaning to check out some Shadowpact stuff for a while now.
Those issues were a good read I'll be on the look out for more. Aside from just the all around good writing I liked the some what subtle Suicide Squad reference in issue 10. And on some what of a side note I went ahead and grabbed a copy of Checkmate 10 which guest starred Shadowpact. In that issue Checkmate enlists the aid of Shadowpact to counter act a magic based ritual process that Kobra uses to expose Checkmate and other government agencies infiltration attempts. . .
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Checkmate_Vol_2_10

5 comments:

  1. Same here. My girlfriend bought a nice-sized stack of Shadowpact back-issues, 1-8 I think, and they're pretty damn solid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. last time we talked about chicks which was quite a while ago you were still getting over this young chick you met at a comic shop. obviously you've had a change of luck since then. so tell me about this mystery lady.
      speaking of woman you gonna check out the new Supergirl series debuting tonight? i'll at least check it out on the off chance it impresses me more then the other DC and Marvel based TV shows i long since gave up on.

      and by the way have a look at the update i made to the recent ROM blog posting you won't be disappointed.

      Delete
  2. I've been dating really nice chick for almost a year now. Taking things a day at a time, but its all good.

    Naaawww, not really interested. Holds as much of my interest as SHIELD, nada.

    Checking it out now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day at a time bro, that's the ticket. Although if you had that Ferrari I saw in LA this weekend you wouldn't have worry about that. you could handle things however you wanted to and they'd still keep coming.

      Delete